Cyber Security-as-a-service (CSaaS) is an outsourcing model for security management. Typically, Cyber Security as a Service involves applications such as anti-virus software delivered over the Internet but the term can also refer to security management provided in-house by an external organization.
Cyber Security-as-a-Service offers a number of benefits, including:
Cyber Security as a Service (CSaaS)
- Constant virus definition updates that are not reliant on user compliance.
- Greater security expertise than is typically available within an organization.
- Faster user provisioning.
- Outsourcing of administrative tasks, such as log management, to save time and money and allow an organization to devote more time to its core competencies.
- A Web interface that allows in-house administration of some tasks as well as a view of the security environment and on-going activities.